Internship, PSC 2987
Requirements to register
- PSC declared major.
- At least junior standing.
- Have a confirmed internship position involving substantive political science research and work.
- Complete an internship contract
Political Science 2987, Internship in Political Behavior Contract
- Complete a Registration Transaction Form.
- Submit the internship contract forms and Registration
Transaction form to Professor Wiley or Clinton Jenkins for signature.
- Deliver the signed registration transaction for processing to the appropriate GW office for processing.
Requirements to receive credit
- PSC 2987 is variable credit, (one, two or three credits in a semester), and it is graded Pass/Fail. For 1 credit intern a minimum of 8 hours per week and write an 8 to 10 page paper. For 2 credits intern a minimum of 10 hours per week and write a 10 to 12 page paper. For 3 credits intern 12 to 15 hours per week and write a 12 to 15 page paper.
- Papers are due the last day of classes of the semester in which the student is interning. A hard copy of the paper should be delivered to Professor Wiley's mail box in the main PSC office, Monroe Hall 440. Papers will not be accepted as email attachments.
- Communicate with Professor Wiley in person or by email at least once a month.
- The internship supervisor must complete an evaluation for the student at the end of the semester and email, Fax, or mail the evaluation to Professor Wiley.
PSC 2987 Internship Supervisor Evaluation Form
- At the end of the semester, the student must complete the student internship survey.