American Politics Subfield Excels in U.S. News Rankings
In the most recent U.S. News and World Report rankings of graduate programs, the Department was ranked 16th in the American Politics subfield rankings. The rankings are a potent indicator of the American Politics faculty's excellent reputation in the discipline.
(All events take place in the Sigelman Seminar Room, Monroe 428 unless otherwise noted.)
Thursday, Oct. 2, 2014 from 10:45am-12:00pm. Intrastate Conflict and Violence Workshop: Jakana Thomas
Friday, Oct. 3, 2014 from 12:30-2:30pm. Comparative Politics Workshop, Annelle Sheline, GW. “Promoting Peaceful Nationalism: State-Led Identity Construction in Oman” Discussant: Abdulkader Sinno, Indiana University.
- Stephen White, Richard Sakwa, and Henry E. Hale, eds., 2014. Developments in Russian Politics 8 (Durham, NC: Duke University Press).
- Alexander Reisenbichler. 2014. "Safe As Houses: Comparing Housing Finance Policies in the U.S. and Germany" in Transatlantic Perspectives, published by Johns Hopkins University's American Institute for Contemporary German Studies (AICGS).
- Alyx Mark, Charles R. Shipan, and Michael A. Zilis, & Senior Vice Provost Forrest Maltzman. 2014. "Stepping on Congress: Courts, Congress, and Interinstitutional Politics" Journal of Law and Courts: Fall 2014, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.219-240.
- Timothy J. Colton and Henry E. Hale, “Putin’s Uneasy Return and Hybrid Regime Stability: The 2012 Russian Election Studies Survey,” Problems of Post-Communism, v.61, no.2, March/April 2014, pp.3-22.
» More Faculty Publications
» More Graduate Student Publications
- Ph.D. student Abboud Kayyali was awarded the 2014 American Political Science Association Middle East and North Africa Alumni Grant to support his ongoing research.
- Christopher Mitchell's dissertation, "Saving the Market from Itself: Bailouts, Nationalizations, and the Politics of Financial Intervention" was awarded this year's Samuel Beer Prize for the best dissertation on British Politics. The prize is given by the British Politics Group of the American Political Science Association.
- Harris Mylonas was recognized by the Council for European Studies at Columbia University as the 2014 European Studies Book Award Winner. He was recognized forThe Politics of of Nation Building: Making Co-nationals, Refugees, and Minorities.
» More Faculty Awards
» More Graduate Student Awards