Whether graduate students are passionate about developing environmentally friendly policies, solving global conflicts or running the next U.S. presidential campaign, the GW Department of Political Science can help shape their path forward. Graduate students collaborate with award-winning faculty, attend events featuring important figures in the field and have access to the unique resources and institutions of the nation’s capital. Students master a broad variety of research methods across our departmental core focus areas.
Political Science graduate students have published their work in prestigious journals, and they frequently win awards for their innovative research. Graduate program alumni have secured tenure-track professorships at top universities and positions with the Congressional Research Service, the World Bank, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and many more.
Registration is open for the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (CCAS) Graduate Virtual Open House! The online event includes program-specific information sessions and opportunities to engage with current graduate students, faculty and our admissions team.
The Political Science Department is hosting an information session for prospective graduate students on Thursday, October 21 at 12 p.m. EDT.
Graduate Student Resources
- Comprehensive Exam Application Form (PDF)
- International Student Full-Time Certification Information
- About Taxation of Scholarships, Fellowships and Stipends
- Procedure for Requesting Scholarly Travel Support (PDF)
- Scholarly Travel Approval Form (PDF)
- Applying for Graduation
- Transfer Credit Form
- Registration Transaction Form (RTF and RTF-EZ)
- Consortium Registration Form and Consortium Drop Form
- Graduate Student Petition Form
- Leave of Absence Form
- Half-Time/Full-Time Certification Form (FTC)