Undergraduate Advising

Advising Hours

For all advising questions, please email [email protected]. We do not hold office hours during exams, university holidays, or breaks. Fall drop-in advising hours will be posted in August; please email in the meantime.

Fall 2024 Drop-in Advising Hours: 















TBA, have a great summer!


Students wishing to transfer credit for a course taken at another university must download the Transfer Credit Approval Form and send the form and a course syllabus to Professor Bauer.  If the course credit is approved, Dr. Bauer will return the transfer credit approval form to the student for submission to the Office of the Registrar for processing. 

If the course taken for transfer is similar enough to a current GW Political Science Department course, the credits will transfer to that corresponding GW PSC course number. If GW does not offer the same course, the course transfers as PSC 1099 or PSC 2099, which counts as an upper-level elective credit towards the major. No courses ever transfer as a PSC 3192W or as PSC 3500.

Learn more about accepted transfer grades and credit limits on the Office of the Registrar website.